A little About
We’re Kristie Sigler and Mary Sterenberg. We teach together at a massive university and we’re both wives and moms raising tweens & teens. We bring our professional backgrounds in communication to our parenting, our marriages, our friendships…and of course to our SALT effect community.
Ditching Life In Survival Mode
We hear from so many moms that they’re too busy. They don’t have enough downtime with their family and struggle to keep up with perpetual task lists at both work and home.
We’re often labeled as super moms or the moms who somehow get it all done. It’s not magic – but it is strategic and intentional. Everything we do helps moms figure out how to ditch life in survival mode.
When we’re not teaching, we read and write. Kristie published the textbook Persuasive Communication and does lesson planning and copyediting consulting with companies like McGraw Hill and the EPA. Mary authored the textbook Write Like a PR Pro and freelances for Columbus CEO and Cardinal Health.
Top 5 Fun Facts About Kristie
- She’s the only female in a house full of boys and works hard to make sure her house doesn’t smell like a locker room.
- She married her high school sweetheart, Ken, and they have two very active boys, ages 12 and 10. And a rambunctious golden retriever and a rescue pup (yep, she’s crazy!).
- Her sense of humor and her faith are her top survival skills.
- She’s an avid Ohio State and Cleveland sports fan.
- She loves great local restaurants like Harvest Pizzeria and Brassica (some might call her a food snob) and spending time with all her boys in the mountains.
Top 5 Fun Facts About Mary
- She’s loud. Like her co-workers always know when she’s in the hallway loud. And she’s almost always talking to someone about something.
- She and her husband Jon met in college and have three kids who want to say “yes” to every activity ever offered: boys ages 13 and 10, and a 7-year-old girl.
- She’s fueled by her faith, a good laugh and Diet Coke.
- She’s a runner (one and done on a full marathon in case you’re wondering) and a reader (as in don’t give her a book if you want to see her for the next two days)
- She loves to travel – with her husband, with her kids and with her friends – and will always choose to be outside if it’s an option.